Oil on panel
12⅛ x 14⅛ in.
30.8 x 35.9 cm
Signed, dated and inscribed front center right: To Harold — Philip Guston '69
- Collection Unknown
- Private Collection
- Auction: Sotheby's New York, Contemporary Art, Part II, November 2, 1994, Lot 201
- Harold and May Rosenberg
- Montclair Art Museum, Montclair, NJ, "The Harold and May Rosenberg Collection", February 04, 1973 - March 25, 1973
- The Harold and May Rosenberg Collection... Exh. brochure. Montclair: Montclair Art Museum, 1973, cat. no. 23, not illus.
- Cascone, Sarah. "Philip Guston's Daughter and Other Critics Speak Out Against Four Museums' Decision to Postpone a Major Retrospective on the Artist." artnet News, September 25, 2020. Online, illus. in color
- Simeone, Mario Francesco. "La Tate Modern cancella la mostra di Philip Guston per paura delle critiche." Exibart, September 28, 2020. Online, illus. in color
- Dafoe, Taylor. "Nicole Eisenman, Martin Puryear, and 100 Other Artists and Intellectuals Call on Museums to Reinstate the Postponed Philip Guston Retrospective." artnet News, September 30, 2020. Online, illus. in color
- Rea, Naomi. "Philip Guston's Market Has Never Reached the Heights of His Ab-Ex Contemporaries. But This Year's Controversy May Change That." artnet News, December 22, 2020. Online, illus. in color