Oil on paper mounted on canvas
28 x 39½ in.
71.1 x 100.3 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston '71
- Collection Unknown
- Whitechapel Gallery, London, England, "Philip Guston: Paintings 1969 - 1980", October 13, 1982 - December 12, 1982 Travelled to:
- Museo Carlo Bilotti, Roma, Italy, "Philip Guston: Roma", May 25, 2010 - September 05, 2010 Travelled to:
- Nicholas Serota, ed. Philip Guston: Paintings 1969–1980. Exh. cat. London: Whitechapel Art Gallery, 1982, cat. no. 6.C., not illus.
- Mayer, Musa. Night Studio: A Memoir of Philip Guston by His Daughter. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1988, illus. in b&w no. 66 (following p. 178)
- Schloss, Edith. "Philip Guston's Roman Soujourn." Wanted in Rome, June 23, 2010, illus. in color online, illus. pg. 5 in print version
- de Leonardis, Manuela. "Philip Guston." Exibart, July 1, 2010, illus. in b&w p. 3
- Barilli, Renato, "Guston Macchie di Poesia." L'Unita (Rome), July 3, 2010, illus. in color pg. 40
- Miller, Peter Benson, ed. Philip Guston Roma. Exh. cat. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2010, cat. no. 7, illus. in color p. 155. Also mentioned in text p. 53 (Peter Benson Miller essay)
- Mayer, Musa. Night Studio: A Memoir of Philip Guston. 1988. Reprint, Munich: Sieveking Verlag; Zurich: Hauser & Wirth, 2016, illus. no. 90, illus. in color p. 215
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, No. 140 illus. in color p. 141
- Mayer, Musa. Philip Guston. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2021, illus. in color p. 77