Oil on canvas
51¼ x 118¾ in.
130.2 x 301.6 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston
- Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Bequest of Musa Guston
- Boston University Art Gallery, Boston, MA, "Philip Guston: New Paintings", March 15, 1974 - April 14, 1974
- David McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", November 15, 1974 - December 18, 1974
- Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, RI, "The Moderns: Twentieth Century Art from the Permanent Collection", August 06, 1993 - March 13, 1994
- Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, RI, "Recent Acquisitions in Contemporary Art", July 07, 1995 - September 02, 1995
- Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, RI, "Back to the Future: Re-Viewing the Twentieth Century", July 21, 2006 - April 22, 2007
- Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, RI, "Painting Air: Spencer Finch", February 24, 2012 - July 29, 2012
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: David McKee Gallery, 1974, cat. no. 13, not illus.
- Philip Guston New Paintings. Exh. cat. Boston: Boston University, 1974, cat. no. 5, illus. in b&w unnumbered page
- Coolidge, Clark. "Clark Coolidge Class 1." Naropa Institute Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics, Boulder, July 1, 1980, Audio recording, mentioned and read poem inspired by it
- Nicholas Serota, ed. Philip Guston: Paintings 1969–1980. Exh. cat. London: Whitechapel Art Gallery, 1982, illus. in b&w p. 54
- "Portfolio and Documents: Philip Guston." TO: A Journal of Poetry, Prose & the Visual Arts 2, no. 3–4 (1994): pp. 159–206, illus. in b&w p. 165
- Pfeiffer, Ingrid, and Max Hollein, eds. Philip Guston Das Grosse Spatwerk/Late Works. Exh. cat. Cologne: Strzeleckibooks, 2013, illus. in color fig. 2 p. 126 ("Philip Guston Talking: A Lecture at the University of Minnesota") and mentioned in text p. 126 (English)/129 (German)
- Mayer, Musa. Resilience: Philip Guston in 1971. Exh. cat. Zurich: Hauser & Wirth Publishers, 2019, illus. in color pp. 164-165
- Thomas, Elly. Play and the Artist's Creative Process. New York: Routledge, 2019, mentioned in text p. 147, not illus.
- Storr, Robert. Philip Guston: A Life Spent Painting. London: Laurence King Publishing, 2020, illus. in color p. 324 as part of an installation photo
- Coolidge, Clark. 16 Poems for Philip Guston. with an afterword by Rachael Guynn Wilson. Portland: Container Corps, 2021, illus. in color opposite p. 5