Oil on canvas
78¼ x 110½ in.
198.8 x 280.7 cm
Signed front lower right: Philip Guston
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Bequest of Musa Guston, AC1992.249.1
- Boston University Art Gallery, Boston, MA, "Philip Guston: New Paintings", March 15, 1974 - April 14, 1974
- David McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston", November 15, 1974 - December 18, 1974
- Touster, Irwin. "Touster's Review: Philip Guston." Woodstock Times, December 5, 1974, section Art, Crafts, & Antiques, pp. 20–21, mentioned in text, not illus.
- Philip Guston New Paintings. Exh. cat. Boston: Boston University, 1974, cat. no. 8 illus. in b&w unnumbered page
- Philip Guston. Exh. cat. New York: David McKee Gallery, 1974, cat. no. 8, illus. in b&w p. 19
- Campbell, Lawrence. "Reviews." ARTnews, January 1975, p. 90, illus. in b&w
- Ashton, Dore. Yes, but... A Critical Study of Philip Guston. New York: Viking, 1976, illus. in b&w p. 177
- Coolidge, Clark. "Clark Coolidge Class 1." Naropa Institute Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics, Boulder, July 1, 1980, Audio recording, mentioned and read poem inspired by it
- Ashton, Dore. A Critical Study of Philip Guston. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1990, illus. in b&w p. 177
- "Portfolio and Documents: Philip Guston." TO: A Journal of Poetry, Prose & the Visual Arts 2, no. 3–4 (1994): pp. 159–206, illus. in b&w p. 168
- Coolidge, Clark. 16 Poems for Philip Guston. with an afterword by Rachael Guynn Wilson. Portland: Container Corps, 2021, illus. in color opposite p. 8