Acrylic on panel
18 x 20 in.
45.7 x 50.8 cm
- Private Collection, New York
- Private Collection
- David McKee Gallery, New York, NY, "Philip Guston, Small Works: 1968-69", April 04, 1985 - May 04, 1985
- Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain, "Philip Guston: Retrospectiva de Pintura", March 01, 1989 - May 08, 1989 Travelled to:
- Mount Holyoke College Art Museum, South Hadley, MA, "Collective Pursuits: Mount Holyoke Investigates Modernism, works from the collection of David and Renee McKee", April 03, 1993 - May 30, 1993
- Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn, Germany, "Philip Guston: Gemälde 1947 - 1979", September 02, 1999 - November 01, 1999 Travelled to:
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX, "Philip Guston Retrospective", March 30, 2003 - June 08, 2003 Travelled to:
- Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin, Germany, "Freedom in the Bush of Ghosts", November 02, 2017 - January 08, 2018
- Philip Guston: Retrospectiva de Pintura. Exh. cat. Essays by Mark Rosenthal, Robert Storr, Carrie Rickey, Francisco Calvo Serraller, and Dore Ashton. Madrid: Ministerio de Cultura, Dirección General de Bellas Artes y Archivos, Centro Nacional de Exposiciones, 1989, cat. no. 29, illus. in color p. 69 and in color on back cover
- Collective Pursuits: Mount Holyoke Investigates Modernism. Exh. cat. South Hadley: Mount Holyoke College Art Museum, 1993, illus. p. 84
- Schreier, Christoph, Michael Auping, and Martin Hentschel. Philip Guston: Gemalde 1947–1979. Exh. cat. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag, 1999, unnumbered catalog, illus. in color p. 95
- Ottinger, Didier, and Philip Roth. Philip Guston: Peintures 1947–1979. Exh. cat. Paris: Centre Georges Pompidou, 2000, illus. in color p. 64, listed as "Untitled (Head)"
- Philip Guston Tableaux / Paintings 1947 - 1979. Exh. cat. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Publishers, 2000, illus. in color p. 95
- Auping, Michael. Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Philip Guston Retrospective. Exh. cat. London: Thames & Hudson, 2003, illus. in color Plate 66, unpaginated, listed as "Untitled"
- Wolf, Bryan J. "Between the Lines: Philip Guston, the Holocaust, and 'Bad Painting.'" American Art, Spring 2020, pp. 50-85, fig. 3 illus. in color p. 52 and mentioned in text p. 51